Scientific Abstract Competition
KAMA 2023 Abstracts
The 2023 KAMA Scientific Abstract Competition is designed to award high-quality research conducted by Korean American students and residents/fellows. Meritorious research abstracts will be selected for poster presentations and the top three abstracts will be selected for oral presentation at 2023 KAMA 48th Annual Scientific Convention in Chicago, IL in the 3 categories below.
- Medical Student Clinical/Quality Improvement Research Award
- Resident & Fellow Clinical/ Quality Improvement Research Award
- Basic Science (Medical Student/Resident/Fellow) Research Award
These 3 selected abstracts will receive an award of $1000 each.
Abstract Submission Opens: April 30, 2023
Deadline for Submission: July 9, 2023 (11:59PM)
Notification of Acceptance: July 22, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for the Abstract Competition:
- The presenter must be a medical student, resident or fellow at the time of the convention
- The abstract must not have been previously published
- There will be a limit of 2 submissions per person
Your scientific abstract must contain:
- A descriptive title, list of authors and institutions
- An introduction/rationale to the study
- Methods used
- Results of the study including new data not previously published
- Conclusions of the study
Abstracts reporting results of meta-analyses and systematic reviews will also be considered.
Case reports can be submitted but will not be considered for the award.
Abstracts are limited to 2,500 characters. Punctuation counts as a character but spaces do not. Tables and figures are encouraged. Addition of a table or figure deducts 250 characters.
All abstracts not meeting these minimum criteria will not be accepted. It is recommended that the abstract content be organized with the following headings: Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- Person submitting the abstract must be the Presenting Author. The Presenting Author will be listed first.
- The submitter (Presenting Author) is responsible for ensuring that all co-authors have agreed to be listed on the abstract and have knowledge of the abstract submission.
The Presenting Author of this abstract must complete the Abstract Author Disclosure Form.
- Notification of abstract acceptance will be sent electronically to the Presenting Author at the email address provided in the online submission.
- Check both your inbox and junk mail folder for your email notification.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to ensure that the email address is correct.
- The presenting authors of the top three abstracts for the oral presentation will be expected to present at the 2023 KAMA 48th Annual Scientific Convention. The KAMA convention will be held in Chicago, IL on September 22-24, 2023. Awardees who fail to attend the Convention will forfeit their award.
- Authors selected for posters will have their posters set up for display during the KAMA Convention and be available during the scheduled poster session to acquaint attendees and other experts in the fields with the fundamentals of their abstract and research.
- Abstract Competition Poster Sessions: September 23, 2023 (One 40-minute session)
- Research Abstract Competition Presentation and Award Ceremony: September 24, 2023