WHAT is it all about?
Gathers, Collaborates, and Advances Together.
Each year, Korean American physicians, trainees, and medical students from across the U.S. convene to participate in the scholarly exchange of medical advances and to share experiences through networking opportunities. The 2023 KAMA Scientific Convention in Chicago will be an exciting opportunity to connect and network with many colleagues to strengthen relationships across medical communities. The theme of this year’s KAMA convention “Transforming Medicine through Quality and Innovation” reflects the meeting’s focus on the remarkable achievements across clinical practice, research and industry and the continuous quality improvement that drives the advancements that shape the face of medicine today.
2023 KAMA brings together high-profile thought leaders who’ve made significant and enduring contributions in both their respective fields and throughout the world.
Jesse M. Ehrenfeld, MD, MPH
President-Elect, American Medical Association 2023
Dr. Jesse M. Ehrenfeld is board certified in both anesthesiology and clinical informatics and has been an AMA Trustee since 2014, having served as Board Chair in 2019-20. He also is a fellow of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the American Medical Informatics Association – dividing his time among clinical practice, teaching, research and directing a $560-million statewide health philanthropy.
Dr. Ehrenfeld is one of the most respected national voices on digital health integration and innovation, serving as a consultant to the World Health Organization’s former Digital Health Technical Advisory Group, and co-chair of the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation’s committee on AI. He previously served as co-chair of the Navy Surgeon General’s Taskforce on Personalized and Digital Medicine and as a special advisor to the 20th U.S. Surgeon General.
His research, which focuses on understanding how information technology can improve surgical safety and patient outcomes, has been funded by the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Defense, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation, and the Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research.
Dr. Ehrenfeld is also a combat veteran who deployed to Afghanistan during both Operation Enduring Freedom and Resolute Support Mission.
Howard K. Koh, MD, MPH
Harvey V. Fineberg Professor of the Practice of Public Health
Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health and the Harvard Kennedy School
David W. Chang, MD, FACS
- Chief of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, University of Chicago
Augustine M.K. Choi, MD
- Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medicine
- Senior Vice President, Senior Advisor to the CEO/ President of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Former Dean, Weill Cornell Medicine
Mary E. Choi, MD
- Professor of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Weill Cornell Medicine
- Former President, KAMA 2020-2021
Hochang Benjamin Lee, MD
- Chair, Department of Psychiatry
University of Rochester School of Medicine
Robert J. Min, MD, MBA
- President of Weill Cornell Imaging at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- President & CEO of Weill Cornell Medicine Physician Organization
- Chair of Radiology and Radiologist-in-Chief
Esther S. Oh, MD, PhD
- President, American Delirium Society
- Co-Director, Johns Hopkins Memory and Alzheimer’s Treatment Center
Youngjin Yoo, PhD
- Professor of Information Systems
- Faculty Director, xLab
Department of Design & Innovation
The Weatherhead School of Management
Case Western Reserve University
- AI in Medicine
- Translating Quality Metrics into Practice
- KAMA Women in Medicine Panel
- Leadership in Healthcare Panel
- Waun Ki Hong Memorial Lecture
- Research Abstract Competition, KAMSA/KAMRAF